Proposal Writing Tips and Tricks, as Freelancers are sometimes required to write proposals or offer letters in order to be considered for projects. Writing proposals can be difficult at times, but keeping a few items in mind can help you tackle the job more effectively and, more specifically, help employers or buyers assess your proposal.
What should a proposal tell the client?
A good proposal defines the services that will be provided in a professional and comprehensive way and should give the client a feeling that you will provide a high-quality product. This feeling will allow you to charge higher rates for the work to be done.
Therefore, it’s important that you offer shows that:
- You understand the needs, goals, and ideas of the customer.
- You offer the customer the best possible alternative with the best quality.
- You consider all wishes and ideas from the company or client.
Your qualifications may include:
3) Past projects
As to specifics, it’s essential that you specify how much you’re bidding for a project (in dollars or in other currency) and how long you will need to accomplish it (in turnaround time).
How to present your bid
A successful bid proposal persuades the buyer to award the job to you. Although you have little to no control over whom the buyer chooses, you have complete control over how you write and present your bid.
WHAT MAKES A BID PROPOSAL ENTICING?
As both a buyer and freelancer, You must know what makes a bid proposal
1) Always address the buyer by name or username as a salutation.
2) If the buyer is paying you such and such amount, what does he get in return? Be specific!
3) Address the buyer’s needs. Tell the buyer you can get the results that he seeks.
4) Use proper English. Capitalize all sentences. Use correct punctuation. Write in complete sentences. (But you already knew this.)
5) Never write in ALL UPPERCASE.
PHRASES THAT SELL
1) “I can complete your project on time and within your budget.”
2) “I have worked
on similar projects to what you are looking for, and I am confident I can exceed your expectations.”
3) “I can achieve the results that you are asking for.”
4) “I have attached samples of work very similar to what you are seeking.”
5) “I would love to work on your project.”
6) ” I read through the job details extremely carefully and I am absolutely sure that I can do the project very well.”
7) “I am an experienced business writer and marketing expert. I can create an ________ and create the web copy that will have an instant connect with
8) “I have a Bachelor of Communications and Media Studies, majoring in marketing. I have worked across all areas in copywriting.”
Think of yourself as a Buyer !!!!
Grab your popcorn now. You’ve to pretty much become a buyer yourself for this. Ask yourself: “If I needed something, who would I hire first and more confidently?”
Well it depends upon what type of buyer you are which includes:
1.“I just need the job done man, I don’t care how much cash is spent.”
2.“need the job done right now in X dollars. Fixed price.”
3.“Met some CHEAP sellers who played me and now I’m angry. I need the job done, completed on time, and only in $5!!!” (Worst position one could be in.)
Or “Hey, I’m just Pewdiepie, playing around to buy weird stuff and get my account banned.” (Just kidding, don’t take this one seriously)
Let’s See a Sample Proposal Style
Hope you’re doing well. I checked the details and it looks like you are going to step forward to launch a new brand that will focus skincare and skin tech products and your main target audience are mainly female of aged 16-40 where you thinking 90% from Instagram.
I have also gone through the industry names and their profile, those you’ve mentioned in your post to gather some research. I am Saifur, you can call me a creative graphic designer whom you are searching for, to mention me this because I have worked with some of the branding companies to meet their need and hopefully they all are satisfied with my works.
Here you can go through my portfolio link: xyz.com/ sample.com
A Logo for a brand surely needs an eye-popping design to stand out the brand identity in the market I do believe also and I can assure you that I can serve you the best.
How about we connect and go over exactly what you’re looking for? Are you Available to talk about your project more this week? Waiting to discuss further with my TO DO LIST, hoping to hear you soon.